Cruise with us, onboard ‘Envision’ – head straight out to the Whales, less travelling time, more time with these awesome animals!
Fingal Island Historical Tour – Lighthouse Week
- Adult Ages 4+
Guided by local legend John ‘ Stinker’ Clarke
Click here for the Event Calendar for Lighthouse Week: Lighthouse Week – Event Calendar FINAL
Celebrate the 161st anniversary of Fingal Lighthouse with Moonshadow TQC, John ‘Stinker’ Clarke and Cellar Cafe.
Join Moonshadow-TQC Cruises & Aquamarine Adventures in Nelson Bay for the short crossing to beautiful Fingal Island and a guided tour of tall and elegant Point Stephens Lighthouse. Climb to the top of Fingal lighthouse, guided by local legend & knowledgeable guide John ‘Stinker’ Clarke and share his passion for the islands history as you explore this unique lighthouse, Lighthouse Keepers’ quarters and nearby bays, and hear fascinating stories of the area’s past. Be sure to bring your camera to capture amazing coastal views, including the sand spit that occasionally connects the island to mainland.
Climb the spiral staircase to the top of unique Point Stephens Lighthouse – Stinker will share stories about its origin and history as you step out onto the balcony and take in the spectacular view!
What to bring
- Please wear sensible walking shoes
- Please bring sunscreen, hat, camera, water
- Moderate level of fitness required
- This is an offshore excursion and is subject to weather and sea conditions
- This cruise is not suitable for children under 5 yrs of age
- The walk on Fingal will require a moderate level of fitness.
- There are steep stairs in the lighthouse and some uneven footing on the walks. There is a short, steep incline at the beginning of the walk to access the island